Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Waist Deep in the Big Muddy: Obama & Afghanistan

There are many things I could say about our escalation of the "war"in Afghanistan, but I'm going to let Pete Seeger say it for me:

Well, I'm not going to point any moral;
I'll leave that for yourself
Maybe you're still walking, you're still talking
You'd like to keep your health.
But every time I read the papers
That old feeling comes on;
We're -- waist deep in the Big Muddy
And the big fool says to push on.

As always Pete nails it.

But although I don't agree with Obama's decision to escalate the "war" in Afghanistan, he has always been clear: Iraq bad, Afghanistan good. He just happens to be wrong.

1 comment:

sanda said...

Obama is "bloody" wrong. So, it's up to all of us to stop the war(s).
I got a fundraising letter from the Democratic Party in D.C. (why I don't know - never gave them any money). I sent it back in the prepaid envelope with:
When you pass single payer, Medicate for All, stop funding war(s)/occupations in/on Iraq and Afgthanistan ...(I can't remember #3), I'll send money.