Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mel Gibson: In vino, veritas



Here's Mr.Gibson's latest publicity release, oops, I mean "apology."
"There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of anti-Semitic remark. I want to apologize specifically to everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words that I said to a law enforcement officer the night I was arrested on a DUI charge."

I understand he is going into a rehabilitation program (at home). I can't help but wonder: How do you rehabilitate someone from anti-Semitism?

The arrestingg officer, who is Jewish, says it was the booze talking. The booze may loosen your tongue, but it doesn't tell your brain what to say.

One of the most startling pieces of information to come out of all this is that his next project was to be a film (for Disney, since cancelled) about the Nazi holocaust. What in the world could this man say? Is there no limit to his arrogance?

Here's a prediction: If his next movie makes money, all will be forgiven. If it doesn't he will have alot more 'splainin to do.

No comments: