Saturday, May 21, 2005

Apology to Danielle

Danielle:
Yes you did sign the comment and I apologize for not realizing that. The e-mail notification comes in as "anonymous," so I drew a quick and erronious conclusion. I will be more careful next time.
However, I did not accuse Fulani of anti-semitism. The intent of the post was to point out the stupidity and prejudice of the Brooklyn Council-member. I simply mentioned that she was "accused of being anti-semitic." If she didn't make the original remark or doesn't believe it to reflect her views, she should correct the record. But to draw an equivalence between the genocidal actions of the Israeli leadership and other Zionists toward the Palestinians and Jews as a group is at best ahistorical and ignorant of the differences and at worst anti-semitic. So it would seem as if clarity would serve every honest person more than the current confusion about the statement.
But let's move on.

No comments: